THIS IS WHY
MEDIA COMES TO SLUSH
AT SLUSH 2023
CHIEF CORPORATE ADVISOR OF STRIPE
CO-FOUNDER & CEO OF DOORDASH
CO-FOUNDER & CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER OF KAVAK
VAN DER DOES
CO-FOUNDER & CEO
PARTNER OF SEQUOIA CAPITAL
PARTNER OF ACCEL
& CO-CEO OF ZALANDO
OF TRADE REPUBLIC
CO-FOUNDER & CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER OF INTERCOM
& CEO OF WOLT
CO-FOUNDER & CHIEF BRAND OFFICER OF CHIEF
CO-FOUNDER & CEO OF PICSART
CO-FOUNDER & PRESIDENT OF SAPPHIRE VENTURES
CO-FOUNDER & CO-CEO OF PUBLIC
CEO & CHAIRMAN OF LEDGER
PARTNER OF ACCEL
PARTNER OF MOLTEN VENTURES
CEO OF THOUGHTSPOT
FOUNDER & CEO OF FIRSTBASE
Slush is a student and recent graduates-led not-for-profit movement on a mission to help and create founders that change the world.
Year after year, journalists, opinion leaders, podcasters, and writers come to Slush(y) Helsinki in November to find the best startups and write their next hit piece. If this is your first time, we have 3 reasons why you should join us this year.
Discover stories worth telling
Slush is the most founder-focused event on earth, bringing over 5,000 international startup founders and operators to Helsinki. Coming as a journalist, content creator or podcaster allows you to hear about cutting-edge innovations before it’s released, ask all the questions you have directly to the founders, and break the news before anyone else.
Slush is THE hotspot for emerging trends in the tech and startup landscape. By coming to Slush, you get to find out about the development of new technologies and research results for the next year.
Everyone is here
Whether you want to interview that high-profile speaker you’ve been chasing for weeks or the upcoming founder who will make it big with a groundbreaking idea, Slush is the right place for you.
Slush Media Passes are intended for journalists and editorial members of the press. We have a limited number of Passes available and therefore prioritize outlets with a significant following and journalists who show a track record of writing about startups, technology, or venture capital.
Freelancers, podcasters, bloggers, and other individual contributors are also welcome to apply but will be screened more thoroughly for relevance.
Communications and PR professionals and non-editorial employees of media companies are kindly advised to purchase an Attendee Pass.
At Slush, we’ve made it easy for you to find news for your next piece:
- Join our main event’s stage program and get to know our fantastic speakers.
- Be part of the exclusive Media Day (Nov 29) to hear Slush’s speakers before anyone else.
- Get ready for 5 unique Stage Announcements, followed by exclusive Press Q&A sessions created just for the media.
- Explore our Media Bank, your go-to spot for the latest announcements, media kits, and contact details.
- Plus, make the most of our in-house Slush Matchmaking Tool, designed to help you message the speakers, founders, and investors you have been eager to meet and interview.
All Slush photos can be found here.
Publications, articles, and all non-commercial Slush-related usage of our photos and videos are allowed when crediting the photographer or videographer and mentioning that the photo or video is from Slush.
You are not allowed to edit the photos or videos or to use them for commercial purposes. If you want to use the photos or videos for commercial use, get in touch with us.
Yes, you’re welcome to bring your wireless gear with you! However, to make sure everything runs smoothly in the Slush Media Area, we’d love to know a bit more about your wireless equipment.
Your details help us manage radio frequencies, reducing interference and making sure everyone stays connected.
A few things to note:
- Try to use wired devices whenever possible
- We cannot guarantee the frequencies
- All wireless devices must be approved in advance
The best and most efficient way to book interviews at Slush is through our Matchmaking Tool. You can search for people, startups, investors, and other attendees and filter them based on your interests. You can book the interviews directly on the tool to the Slush Media Area and chat with the participants in advance.
You can access the Matchmaking tool on the Slush Platform.
We’ve got many exciting opportunities just for the media!
- Media Day (Nov 29) is a media-only event where you’ll get an exclusive taste of the hottest topics at Slush 2023 from global tech leaders before anyone else. Register here!
- We will run 5 unique Stage Announcements around groundbreaking news and research results, after which you’ll have access to a Press Q&A to ask your follow-up questions.
- We will have a bigger Media Area in the main event venue with pre-bookable interview and podcast pods, working tables, and a silent streaming area.
- You’ll have exclusive access to our Media Bank, which will feature all the information you’ll need to create your next piece successfully: from the latest announcements to the media kit and contact details. Available later this year.
Slush 2023 will gather 13,000 founders, investors, and media this year on Nov 30–Dec 1 in Helsinki. However, we understand you may need a little more information to convince your editor to join us — don’t worry, we got you.
Slush 2023 in numbers:
- 5,000 startup operators and founders
- 3,000 global investors, mainly from Europe and the US
- 300 media representatives
- 160 tech leaders in Slush stages
- Dozens of partners
- In 2022, Slush held over 16,000 meetings in two days. That means, that at least every single attendee met someone relevant during their time here. But you don’t have to believe us, examples speak for themselves. Check out some of our success stories.
- If you’re attending Slush 2023, you have a special spot waiting for you right in the heart of Helsinki. Maria 01, the Nordics’ leading startup campus offers journalists a dedicated space to work from during the week. Book your own desk here.
- At Slush 2023, you’ll have exclusive access to the Slush Media Area, where you’ll discover workstations, tables, interview spots, and podcast pods to make your week even more productive and enjoyable.